Buckhead Village, Atlanta, Georgia 30305
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
Accept applications: October 25, 2019
Application deadline: August 04, 2020
Jury dates: August 7-8, 2020
Notification of acceptance: August 9, 2020
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: August 25, 2020
Wait List Released: August 27, 2020
Event Date: September 19-20, 2020
Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Director and included in the Wait List.
Cancellations by confirmed artist participants must be received in writing 60 days prior to the event date for a refund of booth fee. Application fees are non-refundable and a $50 dollar admin fee will be charged.
Accept applications: March 22, 2020
Application deadline: August 04, 2021
Jury dates: August 7-8, 2021
Notification of acceptance: August 9, 2021
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: August 25, 2021
Wait List Released: August 27, 2021
Event Date: September 19-20, 2021
2-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as collage, paper-making, encaustic, pen and ink, paint, pencil, watercolor, or photography. Finished art suitable for wall mounting.
3-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as mosaic, paper mache, clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood or any other three-dimensional objects.
Ceramics: Original shaped and fired clay including earthenware, porcelain, and raku.
Digital Art: Two-dimensional works from which the original image is manipulated by the artist using a computer using programs such as Drawing, Illustrator, Paint or other software applications.
Drawing & Printmaking: Original drawings made with pen, pencil, charcoal, pastels or chalk. Printmaking process may include pulled plates, linoleum prints, etching, engraving, silkscreen or lithography. All prints must be signed and numbered by the artist. Photocopies are not permitted.
Edibles: Handmade items such as jam, sauce, baked goods, etc. that are pre-packaged and not prepared onsite.
Fiber: Works created from fibers including basketry, batik, weaving, paper-making, knitting, and quilting. The Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Glass: An object made of glass including blown, fused, stained, cast and molded. The Embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Handcrafted: Handmade items made by the artist from manufactured, recycled, or repurposed materials transforming the combined materials into a unique product in a cohesive collection. A complete description of the items required.
Jewelry: All Jewelry crafted from metal, glass, stone, clay, or other materials. Commercial molds or casts are not permitted. At least 50% of the organic materials in the finished product used must be produced by the artist.
Metal: Functional and non-sculptural works incorporating metal.
Painting: The use of oils, acrylics, watercolors, and tempera suitable for hanging.
Photography: Prints, transparencies or digital images made from the artist’s original negative or taken with a digital camera that has been processed by the artist.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional work is done in any individual medium.
Wood & Furniture: Original works in wood that are built, turned, carved or tooled. Embellished manufactured wood items are not permitted.
– T-shirts and commercial clothing (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Manufactured toys (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Commercially manufactured or reproduced items (resale)
– Jewelry made from more than 50% manufactured components
– Any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns
The Artist Market Jury will award Exhibitor applications based on technical ability, originality of the art and quality of the booth display. Judging and awards will be held on Saturday for Best of Show, Fine Arts; Best of Show, Crafts; 1st Place; 2nd Place; 3rd Place; Honorable Mention (two) and Best Booth.
– Snacks and water will be provided for artists on Saturday and Sunday.
– Booth Sitters are available during event hours upon request.
– Designated Festival Hotline available during event hours regarding assistance, emergencies, questions, concerns, etc.
– Friday load-in (Friday only load in)
– 24 Hour onsite Security
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
– AFFPS is among the top award-winning art festival organizations in the southeast.
– Voted Best Festivals by local media – with Art Shows in the Top 100 Nationwide.
– The holder of the only Guinness World Record by any arts festival organization in the U.S.
– AFFPS employs professional marketing strategies including:
– PR and online media platforms
– Print and online media ads
– Radio and TV
– Billboards, banners, posters and yard signs
– Extensive business partner collaboration
– Social media
– Dedicated interactive website
– Direct mail
– 300+ online calendar entries
Free parking will be available at the event site. On-street parking is also available in the surrounding neighborhood.
A waitlist will be maintained. Selected wait-listed artists may be contacted when the Wait List is released through one day prior to the event date.
NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the Festival Emergency Number ( the number will be available in confirmation materials) by Saturday at 8:00 a.m. will be considered a “no-show.” No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
RAIN OR SHINE
There will be no “rain date” and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting Sales Tax. A Sales Tax reporting documents are provided to participating artists at check-in at the event. The current Sales Tax rate for this event is 8.25%
HOW THE FEES ARE USED
All AFFPS Festivals support the GFPS, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic careers.
To view the AFFPS Event Policies for Artists online CLICK HERE.
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. We require Exhibitors to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or higher. All tents must be weighted. NO STAKING ALLOWED. Click here for Tent & Weight Compliance.
2. Prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed setup information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday before the Festival. (Please do not call for Booth assignments, they will be posted on Zapp once they are completed).
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor’s activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations must be made submitted in written form by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 60 days prior to the event date or for no-shows. All refunds will receive a $50 administration fee. Jury Exempt booths spaces are none-refundable.
Refund Policy during the Coronavirus: Effective March 20th, 2020.
During this time of uncertainty, in the event that we are required by the City to cancel the event, both booth fees and application fees will be transferred to the next (same) event for 2021. (No artist will lose any fee’s associated with this event).
6. The Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor’s contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor’s agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor. Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist’s space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist’s booth.
Application fee: $25 ($35 for mail-in)
Standard booth fee: $300
Double booth fee: $600 (limited availability)
Corner upgrade: $75 (limited availability)
Electricity: $100 (limited availability)
Assigned Booth spaces are approximately 10’ deep and 10’ wide or greater. Double booths are also available. Please note that the festival route is along a street with some areas that are not level. All work exhibited must be confined to the assigned space(s). Artists are responsible for providing their own means of displaying their work. All artist tents must be weighted with a minimum of 40 pounds per leg with a white canopy.
LOAD IN/LOAD OUT
Artists will have to dolly/wagon in their booth during set-up and tear down, we are set-up on the grassy area of the park alongside the sidewalks. Artists can load-in only during the designated times and must check-in with a photo ID. The lane of traffic where the festival takes place is only wide enough for one vehicle. Therefore, we depend upon artists’ cooperation to keep traffic moving at a pace that will allow everyone equal time to set-up. We ask that upon arrival at your booth location you unpack then move your vehicle before you start set-up. Artists will be responsible for hand carting in additional merchandise after the designated load in time.